Data Center Solutions
Gibson Electric & Technology Solutions (Gibson Electric) is a proven leader in infrastructure design services and data center cabling installation.
Gibson Electric can provide a variety of services, including performing the initial core and shell work for wholesale data centers. : For room build-outs within the wholesale data center, Gibson Electric can install racks, cabinets, cable trays, and all associated structured cabling, fiber optics and power feeds for the enterprise tenant that leases that room.
Whether clients need sophisticated telecommunication systems, state-of-the-art automation, or advanced electrical power distribution systems, Gibson Electric’s team of certified and trained data center technicians and electricians can help clients with various tasks, including designing a fail-safe data center environment that promotes continuous operation.
Providing data center design and cabling installation services for clients across a broad range of industries—such as Technology, Financial Services, Telecommunications, Healthcare, and many more—Gibson Electric delivers voice and data, network, and structured-cabling solutions to clients on a single-source basis.
Gibson Electric also provides solutions that utilize built-in redundancies, such as dual utility feeds, redundant generators, redundant uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), 480v switchboards, cabinets fed from dual sources, and power monitoring that tracks all the way down to the individual circuit level.
Data center services include:
- Infrastructure design-build
- Electrical distribution systems
- AC/DC power systems
- Network design, installation and integration service
- Fiber optic
- Power generation facility/ switchyard and substation
- Fire alarm systems
- Testing and fault locating
- Customized maintenance programs
- CAD/BIM design services
- Primary and standby power generation
- Instrumentation, programmable logic controls (PLC), direct digital controls (DDC), and digital control systems (DCS)
Gibson has provided data center work for:
- The world’s largest full-scale data center provider
- Large, global investment management firms
- The world’s leading derivative marketplace
- A leading global financial services firm and one of the largest banks in the U.S.
- A world leader in innovative hardware and software solutions
- A leading cloud-management solution provider
Building Information Modeling (BIM) and 3D AutoCAD Technology
Using the latest in BIM and 3D CAD technology, Gibson Electric is able to collaborate seamlessly with other project team members and trades, while sharing vital information quickly and efficiently. BIM helps Gibson Electric identify optimum solutions early in each data center project, so that each task is completed correctly the first time. Additionally, utilizing BIM on data center projects helps enhance performance, provide greater predictability, improve schedule management, and reduce cost.
Innovative Data Center Technology
Innovative technology is at the very core of what Gibson Electric provides for clients. Whether creating functional 4D models for sequencing and scheduling, or modeling full project details down to every light switch, pull station, and ¾ inch conduit, Gibson Electric provides intelligent solutions from some of the sharpest minds in the business. Gibson Electric also has the unique ability to create integrated robotic total station layouts, pre-fabricate components, model access zones and no-fly areas for code compliance, and plan equipment removal paths.
Training Technicians Who Never Stop Learning
At Gibson Electric, staying current in manufacturer and industry certifications is more than just a goal—it’s an ongoing commitment. Through on-site, classroom, and computer/online training, Gibson Electric’s data center specialists are certified and proficient in installing equipment from virtually every manufacturer in the data center market sector.
- BICSI-Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- COMMSCOPE (Uniprise and Systimax)