Gibson Electric is a proven leader in design-build projects.
Design-build provides owners with a single point of contact for all phases of a project — from estimation, assessments, and pre-construction to architecture, schematics, engineering, subcontracting, construction, and post-construction.
Pre-construction and building value engineering into design
Gibson Electric’s pre-construction phase of a project sets the course for a successful job. It includes business and financial assessments about the client’s goals, vision, financial realities, and current and future facility needs.
During the architectural design phase, Gibson Electric’s project team has a solid understanding of the client’s business and financial needs, project schedule, cost, job site, and the facility’s architectural and mechanical requirements.
Gibson Electric uses 3D-BIM to model early stage design while showing data-oriented cost and schedule estimates. The owner, and other trades, can see, in real time, how different design solutions affect appearance, price, and schedule.
As the design phase progresses, Gibson Electric’s construction team will start readying the job site and elements of construction can begin. By overlapping construction and design, the project team can deliver a timely build that makes aggressive schedules possible.
Gibson Electric provides a complete line of electrical services, including the installation of electrical and low-voltage systems and basic commissioning of high- and low-voltage electrical systems.
Once the new or renovated facility is complete, Gibson Electric will provide walk-throughs, instructional videos, hands-on training, and core documentation for owners, facility managers, and facility management teams.
Gibson Electric also offers additional long-term maintenance and service options.
Benefits and advantages of design-build:
- Continuous control of project costs.
- Continuous value engineering with owner input and real-time cost data.
- Fully coordinated project from design through construction.
- Intimate knowledge of systems and components from field experience allows for the use of innovation and state-of-the-art systems.
- Concurrent design and construction to facilitate accelerated schedules.
- Minimization of change orders and RFIs.
- Knowledge of local building codes can help minimize delays and costs and improve response time.
- Having a single source responsible for the design, installation, and operation of systems, warranty and service, allows Gibson to offer a complete, one-stop-shop solution.